From the desk for Eric Parthen:
"For those of you who have called, thank you. I apologize for not getting back to you but up until now, I’ve had no new information to report. In addition, my phone is ringing off the hook with inquiries and to speak to each of you individually would not be productive use of time because a final decision has not yet been made and each individual may hear the message differently and that could lead to confusion in the team handball community (i.e., articles in the Desert News, etc.)
So, with that said, here is what I’m willing to release at this time…..
· The USOC Board of Directors met this past weekend and discussed the staff recommendation for recognizing a new NGB for the sport of team handball.
· The USOC Board had a productive discussion however; they have not finalized a decision. Their decision is contingent upon receiving some additional information.
· USOC staff is working to gather the additional information per the Board’s request and will have that information to the Board later this week.
· Upon receiving the information, we anticipate the Board will finalize its decision quickly.
· Once the USOC Board decision is final, I will communicate directly with Dieter and Mariusz first before talking to anyone else. They have led the respective applications and deserve to be the first to be notified.
I hope this information is helpful and I appreciate your patience.