There’s a long line of handball brothers playing for their country in international handball competition. France’s Bertrand and Guillaume Gille, Spain’s Alex and Daniel Dujshebaev, Poland’s Krzysztof and Marcin Lijewski, Argentina’s Diego, Pablo and Sebastian Simonet and Chile’s Emil, Erwin and Harald Feuchtmann to name a few. Why, even the U.S. had the Fitzgerald brothers (Joe and Tom) representing at the 1996 Olympics. Now added to this long line are Team USA’s Hueter brothers, Ian and Patrick.
Ian and Patrick join the podcast to discuss several topics to include their handball origins, connections to the U.S. despite mostly growing up in Germany, playing for TSV Bayer Dormagen youth teams and transitioning to the pro club, playing in the super competitive HBL 2, their recent contract extensions with Dormagen, Team USA’s upcoming training camp in Denmark and, of course, the upcoming 2021 World Championships.
- Podcast Interview on the Team Handball News YouTube Channel (Subscribe): Episode 73 Link (Audio only mp3 file available for download at the top of the page)
- Ian Hueter: Team USA Profile, Instagram
- Patrick Hueter: Team USA Profile, Instagram
- TSV Bayer Dormagen: Website, Facebook, Instagram
Don’t miss an episode:
- Subscribe on YouTube: Link (Earliest Availability)
- Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes: Link
- Follow the Team Handball News podcast on Spotify: Link
- Or use this RSS Feed to sign up for the podcast in your favorite podcast aggregator: Link
And, be sure to check out the podcast archive with interviews and great handball discussion going all the way back to 2006: Link