The Olympics are now less than 4 weeks away. Courtesy of 10 Bet, here are the current odds for each nation to win Gold
Men’s Olympic Handball Odds
- The defending Olympic Champions and current World Champions, Denmark are slight favorites to win the title at 2.5 to 1
- The current European Champions, Spain, are right behind them at 2.75 to 1
- Norway hasn’t qualified for the Olympics since 1972 and are an up and coming side. Led by Sander Sagosen, they have made the semifinals of 3 of the last 5 major tournaments
- France’s performance has slipped in recent years, but they still are a threat at 5 to 1
- Sweden (7.5 to 1) was the surprise runners up at the the 2021 World Championships
- German (11 to 1) is the last side seen as a minor longshot.
- Portugal is making its first ever Olympic appearance, but are a significant longshot at 33 to 1.
- At 50 to 1, Egypt seems like a pretty good value to me. I suspect that tourney favorites, Denmark, would also agree seeing that they needed a penalty shoot out to beat them at the World Championships in January. Sure that was in Egypt, but it was without a home crowd, not unlike what we will see in Japan.
- The remaining 4 sides, Japan (125 to 1), Brazil (250 to 1), Argentina (500 to 1), and Bahrain (1,000 to 1) are see as major outsiders. I think Brazil and Argentina are deserving of more respect as they are more than capable of defeating any of the European sides in the tournament.