It’s a Boxing Day edition of USA Handball Talk and we take a deeper dive into the challenges the U.S. Women’s program faces. Discussion points include:
- Why it will be tough for the U.S. Women to duplicate the success of the current U.S. Men’s team
- Why there isn’t time now for a grass roots solution
- Three different paths forward for the U.S. Women
- The need for USA Team Handball to make a decision on the path forward
- Why a decision to focus on transfer talent athletes will require a lot of planning
- Why a transfer talent focus will need credibility and quality to successfully recruit athletes
- Could a reality show documentary simultaneously fund a talent transfer program and provide great promotion?
We didn’t solve anything, but there was lots of great discussion and we addressed a lot of issues. Let us know if we missed any key issues that you would like to see us address.
Watch or listen/download the mp3 file at the top of the page
If you have any suggestions for future topics, a title for our podcast or have some intro music you would like us to consider please let us know on social media.
Don’t miss an episode:
- Subscribe on YouTube: Link (Earliest Availability)
- Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes: Link
- Follow the Team Handball News podcast on Spotify: Link
- Or use this RSS Feed to sign up for the podcast in your favorite podcast aggregator: Link
And, be sure to check out the podcast archive with interviews and great handball discussion going all the way back to 2006: Link