If you want to watch the matches that aren’t available on ESPN+ check this article for how to watch geo-blocked matches on YouTube: Link
- 1900 Switzerland vs France (-6.5) (on ESPN+) (YouTube) w/English commentary
- 2130 Norway (-8.5) vs Austria (on ESPN+) (YouTube) w/English commentary
France is undefeated and has already qualified for the Main Round, but Switzerland is also likely through so this match result will carry through to the Main Round. Austria has yet to win a match, but a big upset vs Norway would probably qualify them for the Main Round.
The situation in Group F is identical Group E. Portugal is undefeated and has already qualified for the Main Round, but Algeria is also like through, thanks to their earlier come from behind defeat of Morocco. But, theoretically, Morocco could still qualify if they pull off a big upset over Iceland.
Group G is really straightforward. Chile and N Macedonia will play for third place in the Group with the winner moving on and the loser headed to the President’s Cup. (Chile will also advance with a draw). Egypt and Sweden will play for 2 pts that could be absolutely critical in the final Main Round standings.
Undefeated Russia should have no problem with a S Korean team destined for the President’s Cup while Slovenia and Belarus will play for 2 points in the Main Round.
For this tournament we’ve doing some betting predictions using an imaginary starting bankroll of a 1,000 Euros. Joining me will be, Sharp Action, a former professional handball player from France.
- Current Bankroll: $1,023
- Yesterday’s Result: DR Congo’s Gauthier Mvumbi Prop Bet
- Gauthier Mvumbi to score +2.5 goals (+123 or 2.23; Bet $100 to win $123); RESULT: Win; El Gigante came through with 4 goals yesterday vs Denmark
- Today’s Pick: Egypt vs Sweden
- Egypt (-1.5) (+110 or 2.1); Bet $100 to win $110
- Egypt looked a little shaky in their first match vs Chile (winning by only 6, but blew out N Macedonia by 19. Sweden has been more steady, beating Chile by 15 and N Macedonia by 12. So, they each have taken care of weaker opposition and this is the first tough match for both teams. And, actually this match might even be a Main Round Group IV decider as Group H doesn’t look particularly strong to me. With so much on the line I just can’t see the hosts losing this one or it coming down to the wire.
Sharp Action’s Pick(s):
- Current Bankroll: 1,155 Dollars
- Yesterday’s Results: N/A
- Qatar vs Japan: 1st half money line; Japan to lead at halftime (+155 or 2.55); Bet $100 to win $155; RESULT: Win; Japan led 16-15 at the break.
- Today’s Pick: Algeria vs Portugal
- Portugal over 31.5 goals (-117 or 1.85) Bet $50 to win $42.50.
- I think it will be hard for Algeria to stop Portugal’s offensive firepower. Morocco’s GK Idrissi slowed Portugal down for 30 minutes, but it’s hard to see Algeria’s GK getting a similar performance. Also, both teams like to play fast breaks and push a higher pace.
Would you look like regular reminders of great handball web streaming options all season long? Quick alerts on matches that pop up on line?