All times are Egypt Local (CET is 1 hr behind; US ET is 7 hrs behind)
Odds courtesy of Bet MGM
If you want to watch the matches that aren’t available on ESPN+ check this article for how to watch geo-blocked matches on YouTube: Link
- 1900 Uruguay ys Cape Verde (Cancelled)
- 2130 Hungary vs Germany (-1.5) (YouTube)
Due to positive COVID tests Cape Verde is now officially out of the tournament. Uruguay advances to the Main Round, but based on the score lines in their first two matches I’m thinking they might prefer the President’s Cup. Germany and Hungary will have their first real test and will battle for 2 points in the Main Round Group.
Group B, as predicted, is very competitive. So competitive that heading into the final day each nation could still possibly win the group and each nation could still possibly be eliminated: Link. The more likely scenario, however, is for Spain to win the group and then for Brazil and Poland to battle for two points that will carry over to the Main Round.
Angola and Japan will battle for 3rd place while Croatia and Qatar will meet to decide 1st place. Since Croatia lost a point vs Japan they should have extra incentive to go for 2 points vs Qatar.
- 1900 DR Congo vs Bahrain (-6.5) (on ESPN+) (YouTube) w/English commentary
- 2130 Denmark (-8.5) vs Argentina (on ESPN+) (YouTube) w/English commentary
Cape Verde’s early departure means that ESPN+ had to choose another group today and, of course, they selected Group D. It’s El Gigante’s world, were just passengers in it. DR Congo has tough task today vs Bahrain as does Argentina (without Diego Simonet) vs Denmark in the 2nd match.
For this tournament we’ve doing some betting predictions using an imaginary starting bankroll of a 1,000 Euros. Joining me will be, Sharp Action, a former professional handball player from France.
- Current Bankroll: $923
- Yesterday’s Result:
- Egypt (-1.5) vs Sweden (+110 or 2.1); Bet $100 to win $110; RESULT: Lost; Sweden beat Egypt 24-23; Lose $100
- Today’s Pick: Croatia vs Qatar
- Croatia alternate handicap (-4.5) (+125 or 2.25) Bet $100 to win $125
- Croatia is now missing Cindric in addition to Karacic, but they will get Sego back in the goal. They struggled to get a draw vs Japan and let Angola play them close for quite awhile. But, even with the injuries they are still a way better team than the Qatar side they will face today. Frankis Marzo blitzed Japan for 11 goals and I just don’t see him having that sort of success against Croatia’s defense. Bottom line: Croatia is just too experienced and has too much riding on this match for it to be a close affair.
Sharp Action’s Pick(s):
- Current Bankroll: $1,105
- Yesterday’s Results: Portugal over 31.5 goals (-117 or 1.85) Bet $50 to win $42.50. RESULT: Loss; Portugal only scored 26; Lose $50
- Today’s Pick #1: Angola vs Japan
- 1st half money line; Japan to lead at halftime (-159 or 1.63); Bet $50 to win $32.50
- Going again with Sigurdsson’s boys. I love their fast pace handball as the ball travels from hand to hand at the speed of light, always with engagement. They play to their strengths and weaknesses. We can see this team lacks physicality, but they compensate with teamwork and speed, doing everything with 100% intensity from start to finish. I think their fast rhythm will simply be too high intensity for Angola.
- Today’s Pick #2: Tunisia vs Spain
- 1st half handicap; Tunisia (+3.5) (-132 or 1.76); Bet $50 to win $38
- Tunisia, like Japan, is a team that plays with high intensity from minute 1. They push fast breaks when they can and fair better in a run and gun type of game as opposed to a slower paced game with set up attacks. They scored 17 goals in the 1st half vs Poland and 20 (20!) vs Brazil. I think they can stay in contact with Spain for 30 minutes, but will probably fade due to this high rhythm later in the match.
Would you look like regular reminders of great handball web streaming options all season long? Quick alerts on matches that pop up on line?