All times are Egypt Local (CET is 1 hr behind; US ET is 7 hrs behind)
Odds courtesy of Bet MGM
If you want to watch the matches that aren’t available on ESPN+ check this article for how to watch geo-blocked matches on YouTube: Link
Main Round Group III
- 1630 Iceland (-2.5) vs Switzerland (YouTube)
- 1900 Algeria vs France (-9.5) (YouTube)
- 2130 Norway (-3.5) vs Portugal (YouTube)
Group 3 gets started with Iceland narrowly favored to pick up 2 points vs Switzerland. France should then have no problem with Algeria before Norway takes on Portugal in the match of the day. It’s pretty much a must win for Norway if they want to keep their quarterfinal chances alive. Portugal, on the other hand, will almost guarantee themselves a spot with a win.
Main Round Group IV
- 1630 Slovenia (-7.5) vs N Macedonia (YouTube)
- 1900 Russia vs Egypt (-2.5) (on ESPN+) (YouTube) w/English commentary
- 2130 Sweden (-2.5) vs Belarus (on ESPN+) (YouTube) w/English commentary
Slovenia should pick up a win vs a N Macedonian side that appears to be the weakest team of the group, then it’s a must win match for hosts Egypt vs a new look Russia team. The evening’s action closes with another new look team trying to add another 2 points to their unblemished record.
President’s Cup Group II
Not whole lot to say here about the President’s cup other than you could probably replace Austria with the U.S. and contemplate how the U.S. might have fared vs Morocco, Chile and S Korea.
For this tournament we’ve doing some betting predictions using an imaginary starting bankroll of a 1,000 Euros. Joining me will be, Sharp Action, a former professional handball player from France.
- Bankroll: $923 (Yesterday Start) – $100 (Yesterday’s Loss) = $823 (Current Bankroll)
- Yesterday’s Result:
- Croatia alternate handicap (-4.5) (+125 or 2.25) Bet $100 to win $125; RESULT: Lose $100 (Croatia won 26-24)
- Today’s Pick: Norway vs Portugal
- Norway alternate handicap 1st half; Norway (-2.5) (+104 or 2.04); Bet $100 to win $104
- This is pretty much a must win game for Norway and I like for Sander Sagosen and company to get off to a fast start vs Portugal. Portugal is a solid team, but their preliminary group was substantially weaker and I like for Norway’s defense to slow them down a bit more than the likes of Iceland, Morocco and Algeria.
Sharp Action’s Pick(s):
- Bankroll: $1,105 (Yesterday Start) + $70.50 (Yesterday’s Winnings = $1,175.50 (Current Bankroll)
- Yesterday’s Results: N/A
- 1st half money line; Japan to lead at halftime (-159 or 1.63); Bet $50 to win $32.50; RESULT: Win $32.50 (Japan led 16-12)
- 1st half handicap; Tunisia (+3.5) (-132 or 1.76); Bet $50 to win $38; RESULT: Win #38 (Spain let 17-14 at halftime)
- Today’s Pick: None planned, but Sharp Action informs me that he already has his eyes on a couple of strong plays tomorrow.